Greenpoint, Brooklyn is a cozy neighborhood just across the East River from Midtown Manhattan, where old Brooklyn intermingles with young creative spirits. It’s historic townhouses, vintage shops, music venues, and cafés give its streets a sense of old world comfort and familiarity mixed with the buzz of new energy and visions.
Bordered by bustling Williamsburg, and a 15 minute subway ride to Manhattan, Greenpoint is accessible, convenient, and safe. The G train is a 5 minute walk from the house. As is the East River Ferry, which will get you to the Brooklyn Bridge, DUMBO, and Manhattan. The views from the ferry are spectacular!
Brooklyn Holiday Apartments are situated right between 2 of the most exciting streets in the neighborhood, Franklin Street and Manhattan Avenue. There are endless choices of restaurants, bars, shops, and bakeries to be enjoyed.
Greenpoint has also opened two new waterfront parks, where picnickers and others can enjoy breathtaking views of Manhattan’s skyline and open air music concerts.
The stunning skyline view of downtown Manhattan from Transmitter Park cannot be missed.
Come and discover why Greenpoint has attracted so many ex-Manhattanties to settle here. They discover a world away from city crowds, noise and stress, and the area presents a fascinating mix of old and new.
- East River Ferry – Take the ferry to the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan, you won’t regret it.
- Transmitter Park – Stunning view of Manhattan skyline
- Beacon’s Closet – hipster vintage clothes shopping
- NYC Marathon – The track passes only a few blocks away
- Brooklyn Brewery – Tour and sample local beer
- Smorgasburg and Brooklyn Flea – Find a gem at the market and enjoy up and coming food purveyors at the “Smorg.”
Where the locals eat and drink
- Wythe Hotel – Have a drink at the rooftop bar
- Northern Territory – Watch the sunset from a rooftop bar
- Dirck the Norseman – Enjoy the local beer
- Paulie Gee’s – The best pizza
- Café Mogador – Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine
- Manhattan 3 Decker – American Diner
- Xi’an Famous Foods – Northern Chinese food
- Five Leaves – Enjoy the food and the crowd
- Le Gamin – Genuine French food
- Ramona – Cocktail bar
- Manhattan Inn – Drinks and live music